Pages

Monday, May 18, 2009

Assyrians - Notes

A quick history of the Assyrian photos I just posted. Late last summer I was trying to get our game group interested in doing Biblicals. Chad and I were really pumped for it. Adam was willing to paint, and Ray had tons of New Kingdom Egyptians. Robin wasn't so sure. So, to motivate Robin, I sat down one evening and painted a unit of Assyrians. I just wanted to show would could be done in a short amount of time. It took me less then three hours to paint what you see in the picture. That does not include cleaning and priming the models nor adding spears. Still, that is a hefty chuck of points for WAB.

I did not paint the chariot. That was a painted chariot I purchased from Robin who purchased it from Chad who purchased it from the Last Square. Why do I have it? Well the Biblical campaign died and I ended up buying all of Robin's Assyrians.

No comments: